The International Society for Transgenic Technologies (ISTT) is pleased to announce the co-sponsorship of the second edition of the International Course on “Genetics of Laboratory Rodents“, to be held at the Institut Pasteur de Montevideo (IPMONT), Uruguay, on 5-14 December 2011. This course is organized by Martina Crispo (IPMONT, ISTT member) and co-organized by Jean Jacques Panthier (Inst. Pasteur Paris). Following a most successful first edition in 2008, the aim of this course is to offer a training opportunity to South American research scientists and veterinarians in charge of laboratory animal facilities, in the most prominent areas of mammalian genetics (mostly mouse). This course offers an opportunity to receive an intensive training and get in touch with scientist of the region working in the same fields of interest.
The invited speakers at this international 2011 course on “Genetics of Laboratory Rodents” include the following experts in the field:
- Jean Jacques Panthier (Institut Pasteur de Paris, France)
- Xavier Montagutelli (Institut Pasteur de Paris, France)
- Jean Louis Guénet (Institut Pasteur de Paris, France)
- Jean Jaubert (Institut Pasteur de Paris, France) – ISTT member
- Michel Cohen Tannoudji (Institut Pasteur de Paris, France)
- Ignacio Anegón (Institut de Transplantation-Urologie-Néphrologie,France) – ISTT member
- Marcelo Rubinstein (Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, UBA, Argentina)
- Andreia Salgado (CEMIB, UNICAMP, Brazil)
- Fernando Benavides (MD Anderson Cancer Center, Texas, USA) – ISTT member
- Mariela Bollati (Institut Pasteur de Montevideo)
- Martina Crispo (Institut Pasteur de Montevideo) – ISTT member
Interested participants should sent their applications by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by September 25, 2011, and include their CV, letter of motivation and letter of support of their advisors, all in PDF format. Two seats are reserved for qualifying ISTT members. There is no registration fee for this course. The 2011 International Course on “Genetics of Laboratory Rodents” is generously sponsored by CABBIO, AMSUD PASTEUR, Institut Pasteur de Montevideo, ISTT and Ambassade de France en Uruguay.