The International Society for Trangenic Technologies (ISTT) proudly co-sponsors the International Course & Symposium on Advances in the Generation of Genetically Modified Animal Models, to be held at the Institut Pasteur de Montevideo (Uruguay), organized by ISTT Members Martina Crispo (Unidad de Animales Transgénicos y Experimentación, UATE, Institut Pasteur de Montevideo) and Alejo Menchaca (Instituto de Reproducción Animal de Uruguay, IRAUy), on 8-15 September 2015.
The aim is to offer a training course of excellence for researchers and technicians working in animal transgenic field. The topics will be focused on both the basic knowledge and the latest advances in transgenic technologies. The course consists of a 1st week of lectures sessions and a 2nd week of practical sessions. In addition, a mini symposium (11-12 September) is organized in order to extend the impact of the presence of the professors to other researchers, technicians and posgraduate students. Current programs for the COURSE and MINI-SYMPOSIUM.
Confirmed speakers attending this Course and mini-Symposium include:
- Michel Cohen-Tannoudji, IPParis, France
- Francina Langa, IP Paris, France, ISTT member
- Ignacio Anegón, INSERM, Nantes, France, ISTT member
- Lluis Montoliu, CNB, Spain, ISTT member
- Jorge Sztein, consultant, Spain
- Sylva Haralambous, HPI, Greece, ISTT member
- Naomi Nakagata, CARD, Kumamoto U, Japan, ISTT member
- Charles Long, Texas A&M University, USA
- Daniel Salamone, Fagro, UBA, Argentina
- Adrian Mutto, UNSM, Argentina
- Marcelo Rubinstein, INGEBI, Argentina, ISTT member
- Marcelo Bertolini, UNIFOR, Brazil
Local professors and instructors include:
- Magdalena Cárdenas, IP Montevideo, Uruguay
- Ana Paula Mulet, IP Montevideo, Uruguay
- Geraldine Schlapp, IP Montevideo, Uruguay, ISTT member
- María Noel Meikle, IP Montevideo, Uruguay, ISTT member
- Gabriel Fernández, IP Montevideo, Uruguay
- Ana Paula Arévalo, IP Montevideo, Uruguay
- Martina Crispo, IP Montevideo, Uruguay, ISTT member
- Pedro C. dos Santos, IRAUy, Uruguay
- Natalibeth Barrera, IRAUy, Uruguay
- Federico Cuadro, IRAUy, Uruguay
- Alejo Menchaca, IRAUy, Montevideo, Uruguay, ISTT member
People interested in participating in this COURSE must send the COURSE Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
A maximum of 20 students will be accepted for the COURSE taking into account personal qualifications.
There is no registration fee for the COURSE. Support for accommodation, per diem and local transportation will be provided to all participants from abroad. Travel expenses are not included.
People interested in participating in the MINI SYMPOSIUM must send the SYMPOSIUM Registration Form to email@example.com
SYMPOSIUM fee is U$S 100.
SAVE THE DATES!
Deadline for COURSE applications is June 28th
Deadline for SYMPOSIUM registrations is July 19th
For any further information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org